Air Asia is one of the most popular airlines worldwide. It was established in 1993 and covers more than 25 countries along with both domestic & International flights. But in 2002 CEO Tony Fernandes decided to grow this airline business and earn profits.
The first hub of AirAsia is in Kuala Lumpur and introduced the second hub at Senai International Airport in Johor Bahru near Singapore. AirAsia started a first international flight from Singapore to Bangkok. Some of the AirAsia’s affiliated airlines are AirAsia Cambodia, AirAsia India, AirAsia China, AirAsia Vietnam, AirAsia Japan, AirAsia X, Philippines AirAsia, Thai AirAsia etc. in 2012 AirAsia airline announced World’s best low-cost airline by World Airline Awards at the Farnborough Airshow. Here are some of the unknown facts of AirAsia that you might not heard off.
- The AirAsia has now spread its wings in ASEAN (The Association of Southeast Asian Nations). From next year, AirAsia will connect with Southeast Asia and is planning to launch its first flight very soon. AirAsia CEO announced that they are very happy to work in India and have got good margins of profit even in 3 years in the Paris Airshow.
- After Bangalore and Delhi, in 2017 Kolkata will be the third hub of AirAsia in India. Mr. Tony Fernandes, CEO of Air Asia and Mr. Amar Abrol, MD of Air Asia pleased to Central and state Government of India that they helped AirAsia to extend their area in India.
- After launching international airlines from India, now AirAsia is going to launch domestic flights within India. In a press conference, CEO of Air Asia India, Mr. Amar Abrol confirms that domestic flights are going to be started very soon.
- AirAsia X Flight once faced technical issue of engine failure. The flight was travelling from Perth to Kuala Lumpur, when suddenly one engine of the airline stopped working. As per reports, one of the passenger travelling in that airline confirms that it is feeling like they are sitting on a washing machine. The plane was shivering badly, which is a huge loss to the cheapest airline.
- The airline also suffered from another major incident in December 2014. Because of stormy weather, AirAsia flight QZ8501 was crashed when travelling from Surabaya Indonesia to Kuala Lumpur. Airline along with 155 passengers and 7 staff members crashed in the Java Sea. After some days, dead bodies of the passengers are founded floating on the sea.
- According to the investigation, Indonesia government states that when the main pilot feels unsafe due to the bad weather condition and leaves their seat. Out of 155 passengers, only the dead bodies of 106 passengers are recovered.
- Passengers who are travelling in AirAsia airlines from Singapore, can solve out their queries through AirAsia Singapore office contact number.
- Another wing of AirAsia, AirAsia X started their first flight from USA. Recently, AirAsia introduces new route from Kuala Lumpur to Honolulu International Airport with one stoppage in Osaka.
- Also, the customer support department of AirAsia is also known to be the best in solving the queries of their passengers within 24 hours. In fact, if any of customer want to contact the customer support department of AirAsia for any type of help, support, ticket booking, cancellation or related queries, then contact the department through AirAsia customer service phone number.