Unlike today, the most common reasons why people opt to rent cars is for the sole purpose of vacation transportation. Nowadays, since the car rental industry has gained more and more popularity over the years of service to their clients, individuals opt to rent a car more than to buy their own. One of the most common reasons why the market has boomed into such a wide scope of service is due to the explosion of the home-city rental markets which refers to individuals renting a neighborhood location. The reasons vary from person-person to various situations. A lot of people opt to consider suv and truck car rental because they need it for moving across the town. This article lists you with tips designed to help your car rental experience as hassle-free as possible for your pocket.
- Surf the net. For most reasons, you will often find the best rates on the Internet, so while you have the connection, shop around. Although rates will, of course, vary from company to company and will depend on vehicle availability, location, and other factors. Although rates are the only variable to consider, you should also consider the hours of operation.
- Go weekend. You might want to rent during weekends since rates are cheaper during these days especially if you’ve got some flexibility with your rental company arrangements. Plus, your pocketbook will be eternally grateful.
- Go for weekly rates. Although weekend rates are better, a much greater option would be to go for weekly rates. You can save up to 30 percent if you use the vehicle for seven straight days, and more than 10 percent if you return the vehicle you used after five days.
- Think twice about your car rental insurance. A collision damage waiver and loss damage waiver will get offered o you upon renting your chosen vehicle. Although both kinds offer good coverage, it will not anymore if they duplicate coverage already included in your own car’s insurance policy. Note to check your policy or call your insurance provider ahead to verify coverage before signing a deal for a vehicle.
- Book your car rentals early. Even when you may think that it is cliche – it is not. It is true that the early bird will get the worm and you will most of the time get your rates cheaper than everyone else. Although rates depend on how many vehicles are available on the company’s lot, the sooner is better. Consider reserving your rented car at least a week in advance so the only thing you will have to worry about is your budget car rental reservation confirmation.
- Beware of upgrades to larger vehicles. Do not fall for the bait since some rental companies will offer you free upgrades to larger vehicles – the main reason is that compacts tend to be in higher demands than any other cars. If it is not necessary to accept the offer and upgrading to larger vehicles, then declining will be a cheaper option.
On a final note, the most vital tip that you should consider is to rent a car rental company that has a good reputation, licensed, and regulated to ensure a secured transaction.