If Orlando is in your sights and you’re planning a visit to this Floridian playground in your camper rental, you are probably hoping to enjoy some time at the amusement parks. Of course, these parks are probably a bit pricey, so you may be searching for more affordable experiences to do, so that you don’t surpass your budget that you have set aside for your experience.
Orlando is the destination for fun and you can be sure that no matter what you end up doing, you’ll have a good time. Obviously, the less money you spend, the better, especially if you’re traveling on a budget. It always feels good when you have a great time without having to spend money you’d rather save for another experience.
If you’re traveling in a camper rental, you’re already saving money on lodging. That’s a great start to exploring Orlando on a budget but if you want to avoid going overboard with what you spend on other activities, the following are just a few of the ways that you can still have a good time exploring Orlando without spending a hefty sum:
- Check out Disney Springs. While yes, you will have to spend money in a lot of the places in Disney Springs, it costs nothing to explore and has a lot of unique and interesting spots to check out. Some places in Disney Springs may be a bit pricey but not all of them.
- If you don’t want to spend money to see what Epcot looks like, take the Epcot Monorail Loop. It will give you a view of the attractions without having to spending money to go on them. If you want to have an idea of what to expect, this could be a good idea.
- Take a walk along the Disney World Boardwalk. You don’t have to spend money to enjoy seeing Disney World Boardwalk. It’s as entertaining as one would hope with people performing on the street, plenty of food to be enjoyed, as well as great sunset views, and of course, if you’re all about people watching, the Disney World Boardwalk is a great place to do just that.
- Old Town is free to visit, so why not explore it. As with most free places to visit in Orlando or the surrounding areas, you’re going to have to spend something at the stores or places if you want to actually “do something.” But, in a place where many parks and attractions require an admission fee, it’s nice to check out spots that don’t. Old Town has carnival rides and many bars and restaurants, as well as uniquely beautiful, historical architecture.
- Check out the local museums. If you need a bit of a cultural break from amusement parks and entertainment, why not visit the local museums, like the Morse Museum or Cornell Fine Arts Museum?
- Enjoy Wekiwa Springs State Park. If you are done with the theme parks but still want to enjoy the area of Orlando and surrounding areas, check out the beauty of Wekiwa Springs State Park where you’ll find crystal-clear water in springs, as well as the opportunities for hiking and fishing in the area.
- Drink a little at the Lakeridge Winery. Free wine tasting is always a good idea in our opinions, especially if you are traveling with your significant other. Lakeridge Winery offers free wine tasting, so if you’re looking for something new to do and want to relax while you’re at it, don’t hesitate to visit this winery in Clermont.
- In the same vein, check out Orlando Brewing. The beer may be cost you a little but a free tour of this brewery will not, as they offer free tours Monday through Saturday. If you were already thinking of getting a drink to cool off in the warm Florida weather, then why not head on over to Orlando Brewing?
- Ready to spend some time in nature? Head on over to Tibet-Butler Preserve to get away from the crowds and enjoy nature in all of it’s beautiful glory. There is plenty of wildlife so if you’re an animal lover, this could be a great experience for you.
Are you hoping to enjoy all the wonders of Orlando without having to spend too much money? Good. Because Orlando may have some of the priciest parks in the country but it also has a lot of budget-friendly experiences that you can do.
Whether you’re an outdoor lover or you prefer entertainment, Orlando is full of things to do and the above-mentioned places and experiences are worth considering. As you start planning your visit to Orlando in your camper rental, consider trying out any one of the above activities. One thing is certain: you will have an amazing time in Orlando, no matter what.